Last updated: 08-30-2011
A A A A
For a Non-Emergency Referral
- This Information is Required at the Time of Referral:
- Patient’s name.
- Patient’s address.
- Patient’s date of birth.
- Patient’s telephone number.
- Patient’s insurance carrier and policy number.
- Patient’s Social Security number.
- For Urgent Direct Admissions:
- (202) 877-7174 and press “1” for the reservations area.
- For posting of emergency/urgent surgical cases, call the main operating suite at (202) 877-6411 and the Admitting Department at (202) 877-7174 and press “1” for reservations.
- For Elective Admissions:
- For posting of elective surgical cases, call the Surgical Posting Office at (202) 877-6405. The posted surgical case will serve as a reservation for the patient’s admission to the hospital.
- Reservations for all non-surgical elective admissions may be made through the Admitting Department at (202) 877-7174, press “1” for reservations.
- For Cath Lab Admissions:
- For A.M. Admissions:
- The A.M. Admission program was established to enable patients to check into the hospital on the same day of their surgery.
- To schedule an A.M. surgical case, call the Surgical Posting office at (202) 877-6405.
- For In & Out Surgery:
- Cases can be posted through the Surgical Posting Office at (202) 877-6405.
- In & Out Surgery patients are registered as outpatients and discharged on the same day of surgery.
- For Non-surgical Elective Admission:
- Reservations for all non-surgical elective admissions may be made through the Admitting Department at (202) 877-7174.
- Pre-admission/Pre-Certification Procedures:
- All demographic and insurance/pre-certification/authorization information is obtained and/or verified prior to the patient’s admission to the hospital.
- As surgical cases are posted and/or reservations made, a Financial Clearance Department representative will contact the patient and/or the physician’s office for required pre-admission/pre-certification/authorization information.
- If you have a question regarding the pre-admission/pre-certification process, call 1-866-4-CFC-REG (1-866-423-2734), Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.