Ammar S. Bafi, MD
Ammar S. Bafi, MD, specializes in Cardiovascular Surgery. Dr. Bafi is a cardiovascular surgeon at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
Prior to this, Dr. Bafi was a clinical associate in the Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Dr. Bafi was senior and chief resident of General Surgery at the George Washington University Medical Center. During this time, Dr. Bafi was also actively involved in many committees, including the Surgical Education Committee, the Chief Residents Committee of the Medical Staff, and the Department of Surgery Conference Coordinator.
Dr. Bafi lectures and publishes extensively in his field.
- BS, Fordham University, Bronx, N.Y., 1983
- MD, The George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C., 1987
- Surgery, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, D.C., 1988 – 1990 and 1991 – 1993
- Cardiothoracic Surgery, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, D.C., 1993 – 1995
- Clinical Associate, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Honors, Awards, & Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Political Action Committee
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Additional Training, Education, & Research
- Dr. Bafi was a finalist for the Ralph G. DePalma Award for Excellence in Research at The George Washington University Medical Center.
- Dr. Bafi completed a research program in the Department of Surgery within the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at The George Washington University Medical Center.