Edward Ian Morris, MD
Edward Ian Morris, MD, specializes in General and Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Morris is an attending physician at MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Prior to this, Dr. Morris worked for MDSI Insurance Claims, conducting history and physical examinations. He also conducted cardiology consultations for Columbus County Hospital, as well as the weekly cardiology consultation at Franklin Regional Medical Center. He is on the Board of the Physician Hospital Organization Committee at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
Dr. Morris researches and publishes extensively in his field.
- Nuclear Cardiology
- General Cardiology
- BS, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio, 1985 – 1987
- MD, Howard University, Washington, D.C., 1987 – 1991
- Internal Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C., 1991 – 1994
- Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C., 1994 – 1997
- Board Certified in Nuclear Cardiology
- Board Certified in General Cardiology
- Board of Medical Examiners, State of North Carolina
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Honors, Awards, & Society Memberships
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Association of Black Cardiology
- National Medical Association
- American Heart Association
- American Medical Association
Additional Training, Education, & Research
- Dr. Morris was co-investigator of a multinational study to evaluate the GenESA System, a product used to diagnose coronary artery disease.
- In addition to his appointment at the Hospital Center, Dr. Morris is an active physician at Georgetown University Hospital and The George Washington University Medical Center.