Make a Gift
The Department of Surgery has a proud tradition of success of providing:
- Outstanding and advanced patient care
- Excellent research programs
- Training programs to ensure superb care for coming generations
We count on you
Our achievements in these areas would be virtually impossible without philanthropic support. By giving, you can become an integral part of our ongoing effort to help define the future of health care in the nation’s capital. All gifts are valuable and appreciated in our ongoing goals to improve patient care, conduct advanced research and train future physicians. Continued success in our clinical, research, and teaching missions is critically dependant on the generosity of grateful patients and alumni.
Can I decide where to give?
Of course. You can direct that your contribution to the following:
- William Fouty Memorial Fund supports the Annual Fouty Surgical Lecture and related educational activities, continued education of residents and faculty, research and faculty development within the Department of Surgery.
- Dept. of Surgery Fund is an unrestricted account, which allows our Chairman, John J. Ricotta, MD, to apply funds where they are needed the most.
How do I make a gift?
To make a gift, please contact Kily Battista at the Hospital Center’s Foundation, at 202-877-3269.
Can I give online?
You can obtain further information regarding endowments and planned giving by visiting MedStar Washington Hospital Center Foundation, or by calling Kily Battista at 202-877-3269.
Online donation Instructions:
If you would like to make an online gift, please follow these three steps:
- Visit https://giving2.whcenter.org/SSLPage.aspx?pid=184&srcid=183
- Use the drop down menu to select “other.” A description box will appear.
- Designate “William Fouty Memorial Fund” or “Dept. of Surgery Fund.”
If you have questions about online giving or any other method of giving, please call 202-877-3269.
Types of gifts
- Annual gift - Contributions made during a designated year; these gifts are usually unrestricted.
- Memorials/Honoraria - Gifts made in memory of honor of a loved one or friend.
- Major/Pledged Gifts - Gifts made to support building projects, purchase equipment, or gifts given of valued property. You can make major gifts in the form of pledges, which are fulfilled during a specified period.
- Chairs, Professorships & Funds - Major gifts made to establish endowed funds to memorialize or honor an individual.
- Planned Gifts - Gifts of estate assets that require planning and the assistance of a professional advisor. Significant tax benefits may be available to the donor. Planned gifts are usually deferred, meaning they are arranged now and fulfilled later.
- In-Kind Gifts - All gifts, tangible or intangible, which contribute to the mission of the Department of Surgery.
To give by mail: Mailing instructions:
Please make all checks payable to Washington Hospital Center Foundation. Specify what area you would like to support, “William Fouty Memorial Fund” or “Dept. of Surgery Fund.”
Washington Hospital Center Foundation
110 Irving Street, NW
East Building 1001
Washington, DC 20010
We thank you for considering the Department of Surgery for your generous gift. Your contribution now paves the promise of tomorrow for generations of patients and future doctors.
If you have any questions, or would like more information on how you can help, please contact Kily Battista, 202-877-3269.