David C. Johnson MD
David C. Johnson, MD, specializes in Sports Medicine, Joint Replacement and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Johnson is an orthopaedic surgeon at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
Dr. Johnson is a former Olympic athlete and has extensive practical experience in all aspects of sports medicine. In addition to his position at the Hospital Center, Dr. Johnson serves as an assistant team physician for the Washington Nationals baseball team. He is also a clinical assistant professor in Orthopaedics at George Washington University and Georgetown University.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement Surgery
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn., 1973
- George Washington University Hospital, Washington, D.C., 1973—1978
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Honors, Awards & Society Memberships
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Washingtonian Top Doctor, Checkbook Top Doctor
Additional Training, Education & Research
- Dr. Johnson was the team physician for skating events at the 1980 Winter Olympic Games in Lake Placid, N.Y. He also served as team physician for the several US National Swimming Teams.
- Dr. Johnson served as an orthopaedic consultant for the President’s Council for Physical Fitness and Sports.
- Dr. Johnson treats dancers from all of the ballet schools in the area as well as professional dancers.
- Dr. Johnson was instrumental in starting a sports medicine clinic at Georgetown University.