The Neuroscience Institute at MedStar Washington Hospital Center is a leading provider of neurological care in the Washington metropolitan area. At the Neuroscience Institute, we recognize that the complexities and challenges of treating brain- and spine-related diseases and injuries demand the highest standard of care. The Neuroscience Institute brings together expert physicians, state-of-the-art technology, cutting-edge treatment options and superior patient-oriented care to deliver the best possible outcomes.
The Neuroscience Institute's depth of expertise and service covers the entire spectrum of care:
- A team of some of the most experienced neurologists, neurosurgeons and neuroradiologists
- One of the country's largest and busiest intensive care systems
- The NIH Stroke Program at the Washington Hospital Center Stroke Center
- One of the region's most experienced groups of neuro-interventionists for minimally invasive procedures
- A state-of-the-art Neuroscience Patient Unit for intermediate and general patient care, staffed by critical and intermediate care nurses
- A dedicated neuroscience social worker and inpatient rehabilitation therapists
- The most advanced technology, including the area's only stroke-dedicated 3.0-Tesla MRI, Gamma Knife and Trilogy linear accelerator
- The MedSTAR Transport Program and top-rated Trauma Center
When disease or injury affects the brain, spine or nervous system, the effects can be tremendous. Most often, fast and accurate diagnosis followed by the initiation of treatment, are key to recovery. Fully operational 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the Neuroscience Institute is always ready to respond. Our multidisciplinary panel of specialists in neurology, stroke neurology, neurosurgery, radiology, oncology, trauma and other fields works as a team to diagnose and treat the full range of neurological conditions.
From trauma to long-term degenerative illnesses, the Neuroscience Institute's reputation for excellence makes it the first choice of many referring physicians and families in the region.
Where to go from here?Previous Topic: Nephrology
Inside Neuroscience Institute: Clinical Services
Inside Neuroscience Institute: Neuroscience Videos
Next Topic: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Scroll to Top
Back to Home