The department of Neonatology/Pediatrics at MedStar Washington Hospital Center provides compassionate care for high-risk newborns in our Level 3B full-service critical care nursery. The multidisciplinary team consists of neonatologists, registered nurses, clinical care facilitators, respiratory therapists, nutritionists and social workers.
Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit features:
- Thirty-nine bed Level 3B Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Intermediate Care Nursery
- Eight board certified neonatologists, on service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- RN clinical care facilitators who bridge communication between parents and physicians
- Coordinated prenatal care with Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialists through delivery to post-partum care for your baby
- Neonatal ICU transport program
- Collaboration with and close proximity to Children's National Medical Center for infants requiring surgical intervention
- Member of the Vermont-Oxford Network to benchmark quality and outcomes
Special Moms/Special Babies
Special Moms/Special Babies is a unique obstetrical service at MedStar Washington Hospital Center to provide coordinated, focused pregnancy care for mothers who have a congenital health problem or who are carrying babies with congenital problems. Learn more about Special Moms/Special Babies.
The department offers a consultation program to parents about problems of infants.
Well-baby care is provided in two nurseries with emphasis on rooming-in and family-centered care.
Department Chairman: Zacharia Cherian, MD
Vice Chairman: Rumana Kazmi, MD
MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Department of Neonatology/Pediatrics
110 Irving Street, NW, 5B-17
Washington, DC 20010
For a consultation or more information, please call (202) 877-DOCS (3627).
Where to go from here?Previous Topic: Emergency Medicine
Next Topic: Stroke Center
Scroll to Top
Back to Home