Hearing & Speech
Opening Doors to Better CommunicationThe Hearing and Speech Center at MedStar Washington Hospital Center provides a full range of audiology and speech services. We utilize state-of-the-art technology in the evaluation and management of our patients.
The Hearing and Speech Center has been providing speech, language, and hearing services to the Washington, D.C. metro community for more than 50 years.
Our team includes six audiologists and five speech-language pathologists, who have more than 75 years of combined experience. They each possess an advanced degree in audiology or speech-language pathology from an accredited university, are highly trained, and hold national certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Diagnostic hearing evaluation, including free hearing aid consultation
- Selection and fitting of custom analog, programmable, and digital hearing aids
- 30 day trial period on all new hearing aid fittings
- Hearing aid service and repair
- Hearing protectors including:
- Swim molds
- Musicians ear plugs
- Custom cellular telephone ear pieces
Other Audiology Services:
- Auditory brainstem response evaluation
- Electrocochleography evaluation
- Otoacoustic emissions
- Cochlear implant evaluation and programming
- Universal newborn hearing screening
Balance Assessment and Rehabilitation:
- Canalith repositioning maneuver for treatment of BPPV
Speech, Language, and Voice Services:
- Speech/language evaluation
- Voice Evaluation
- Swallowing Disorders Evaluation
- Laryngectomy counseling and post-operative voice restoration/ tracheoesophageal puncture (TEP) management
Location and Hours of Operation:
Our outpatient hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with occasional Saturday and evening hours by appointment.
We accept most managed care and commercial health insurance. Our administrative staff is available to assist patients with the necessary insurance requirements.
Director: Teri Wilson-Bridges, M.A., CCC-A
Location: 110 Irving Street, NW, Suite GA-102, Washington, DC 20010
For information, please call (202) 877-6717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For appointments, please call (202) 877-DOCS.
Where to go from here?Previous Topic: Geriatrics and Long-Term Care
Inside Hearing & Speech: Our Team
Inside Hearing & Speech: Our Center
Inside Hearing & Speech: Evaluation & Diagnosis
Inside Hearing & Speech: Services Provided
Inside Hearing & Speech: Our Approach
Inside Hearing & Speech: For Health Professionals
Inside Hearing & Speech: Resources
Inside Hearing & Speech: Free Hearing Screenings
Next Topic: Heart Services
Scroll to Top
Back to Home