Last updated: 05-16-2013
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find out my lab results?
- It is a general rule within the office that if a result comes back negative, you will not receive a phone call (no news is good news).
- If we receive a positive result, your physician will decide on a course of treatment, and a nurse will then contact you with your lab results and explain the course of treatment.
- Be aware that unless we have prior permission to leave a message, lab results will not be given in the form of a phone message. This is to ensure that we maintain patient confidentiality.
- As a patient, you are always able to contact the office and request to have your results given to you over the phone.
- Keep in mind that it takes 48-72 hours once a specimen is sent to the lab to have the results sent to the office.
- There are some specimens that have to be sent out and can take 7-10 business days for results.
What if I need a prescription refilled?
- The most effective way is to have the pharmacy fax our office a refill authorization that can be signed by the physician and faxed back.
- If you use a specialty pharmacy that requires you to have increased quantity, please let us know so that the refill can be authorized appropriately.
- You can also call the office during regular business hours and request a refill over the phone. Please allow 2-3 days to process your request as we usually have to await physician approval before authorizing the refill. Only antibiotics will be authorized same day.
Where to go from here?Previous Topic: Patient Experiences
Next Topic: Scheduled Events
Scroll to Top
Back to Home