If you are looking for experienced heart surgeons with advanced surgical expertise, who treat large numbers of patients every year, you have come to the right place.
Our heart surgeons treat complex heart conditions using a variety of techniques—including minimally invasive surgery—with outstanding outcomes. They also work as part of a larger team of heart specialists to provide patient-focused care both before and after surgery.
Advanced heart surgical care in Washington, D.C.
Our history of innovation and research is not the only reason you should choose us for your heart surgery. Consider these facts:
- The Society for Thoracic Surgeons awarded us three stars, its highest rating, based on quality and outcomes.
- Nearly half of our CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft) procedures are performed off-pump (without using a heart and lung machine), which speeds recovery and reduces bleeding, neurologic impairment and other complications.
- We are the only hospital in the Washington, D.C., region to offer the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), a minimally invasive procedure performed for severe aortic stenosis.
- Our doctors and researchers have a database of more than 60,000 cardiac surgical cases from the past 30 years. This rich data helps us continually improve patient care.
- Our patients have access to clinical trials in better methods to prevent and treat cardiac and vascular disease.
Cardiac surgical services
We offer the following surgical services for the treatment of heart conditions:
- Aortic dissection repair
- Aneurysm repairs
- CABG surgery
- Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVADs)
- Heart transplants
- Heart valve repairs and replacements
Heart conditions we treat
We offer the above heart surgeries for treatment of:
- Heart valve disease
- Aortic disease
- Advanced heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Structural heart conditions
The MedStar Heart Institute is the only place to go for heart surgery. Schedule an appointment or second opinion with one of our top surgeons or call 202-877-DOCS. Or order a free information kit about our cardiac surgery program.
Where to go from here?Previous Topic: Valve Disease
Inside Heart Surgery: About Us: Cardiac Surgery
Inside Heart Surgery: Our Cardiac Surgeons
Inside Heart Surgery: Cardiac Surgery Treatments
Next Topic: Cardiac Rehabilitation Section
Scroll to Top
Back to Home