For those patients not currently receiving care at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, we do offer outpatient consultations.
Members of our team of infectious disease experts are available to consult about any possible infection, including:
- Infections associated with invasive surgeries or devices
- Multi-resistant forms of infection from the community or hospital
- HIV care
- Outpatient IV antibiotic therapy
- Monitoring of long-term or recurrent infections
- Fungal infections
- Transplant risks and possible infections
- Tropical diseases
If you are a patient:
To make an appointment, please call 202-877-0333. This will connect you to the Hospital Center’s Medical/Ambulatory Care Clinic, who will advise you on how to make an appointment.
If you are a physician:
Please call 202-877-0333, or our administrative office, at 202-877-7164. Please ask for Open Access. Open Access will provide timely appointments within one to two weeks. You may also ask for a specific physician you would like to speak to about your consult. See a list of our physicians.
Where to go from here?Previous Topic: Inpatient consultation
Next Topic: Travel Clinic/Tropical Diseases
Scroll to Top
Back to Home