Lowell F. Satler, MD
Lowell F. Satler, MD, specializes in Cardiovascular Diseases. Dr. Satler is the medical director of the Cardiovascular Training and Educational Center at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, as well as the director of Coronary Interventions. He is an assistant clinical professor in Medicine within the Division of Cardiology at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.
Prior to these appointments, Dr. Satler was on the staff of many universities, including an appointment as assistant instructor in Medicine at Albany Medical College. Preceding his current position at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, his positions at Georgetown included instructor in Medicine, Division of Cardiology, assistant professor in Medicine, Division of Cardiology, and clinical director of Cardiology.
Dr. Satler writes and publishes extensively. To date, his repertoire includes more than 400 scholarly publications and nearly 400 abstracts.
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- BS/MD, Accelerated Biomedical Program, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Albany Medical College, Albany, N.Y., 1972 – 1978
- Medicine, Albany Medical Center, Albany, N.Y., 1979 – 1980
- Cardiology, The University of Alabama in Birmingham, Birmingham, Ala., 1981 – 1983
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology
Honors, Awards, & Society Memberships
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American College of Cardiology
- American Medical Association
- American Heart Association
- American College of Physicians
Additional Training, Education, & Research
- Prior to his appointment at the Hospital Center, Dr. Satler was the chief medical resident at Albany Medical Center.
- Editorial Boards Dr. Satler serves on include:
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology
- Catheterization and Cardiovascular Intervention
- Journal of Invasive Cardiology
Where to go from here?Previous Topic: Kenneth Mitchell Kent, MD
Next Topic: Steven W. Boyce, MD
Scroll to Top
Back to Home