Procedures / Services
The interventional radiologists at MedStar Washington Hospital Center perform a broad array of procedures to diagnose and treat various medical conditions. For more information about these or other IR procedures, call 202-877-6495.
Our services include:
- Varicose vein therapies
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- Angioplasty, stenting, thrombolysis and endovascular grafting for patients with peripheral vascular disease and/or renovascular hypertension
- Angioplasty, atherectomy and stenting for permanent hemodialysis access grafts
- Insertion, revision and replacement of central venous catheters
- Catheter placement for embolization and intra-arterial or intraperitoneal chemotherapy for gastrointestinal and extremity malignancies
- Inferior vena cava filter deployment and retrieval
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunting (TIPS)
- Abscess drainage, nephrostomy, biliary drainage, etc.
- State-of-the-art color flow doppler ultrasound
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Gastrostomy Tube Placement
- Complete inpatient and outpatient services
Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE)
UFE is an alternative to surgery that preserves the uterus.
Vein Ablation Treatment
Used to treat varicose veins and venous insufficiency, vein ablation treatment typically takes less than an hour and provides immediate relief of symptoms.
Where to go from here?Previous Topic: What is Interventional Radiology?
Next Topic: Preparing for an IR Procedure
Scroll to Top
Back to Home